COIT20248 Information Systems Analysis and Design Assignment 1 – About Systems Development
Due date: Thursday 25-Aug-2016 08:00 PM AEST
Length: 1500 words (+/- 10%) 1
This assessment relates to course learning outcomes 1, 2, 3 and 4 stated in the e-course profile.
Assessment 1 is an individual assessment. In assessment 1, you are assigned tasks which assess your course knowledge gained between weeks 1 and 5 about different facets of systems development. All students will have to write a report showing the answers to the questions in tasks 1-5 below.
Please note that ALL submitted A2-reports are passed through a computerized copy detection system and it is extremely easy for teaching staff to identify copied or otherwise plagiarised work.
• Copying (plagiarism) can incur penalties ranging from deduction of marks to failing the course or even exclusion from the University.
• Please ensure you are familiar with the Academic Misconduct Procedures, available from: http://policy.cqu.edu.au/Policy/policy_file.do?policyid=1244
For the purpose of this assignment, you are assumed to be one of the consultants appointed to shoulder the system analysis responsibilities in, Logistics Information Systems (LIS) in the project outlined in the case study.
You will plan and manage the project as well as investigate and document its system requirements. For your Assignment 1 submission, you will produce a report that discusses this project based on your understanding of it and the related investigation results through the tasks below.
Task 1: (10 marks)
Approaches to Systems Development
• Discuss two approaches to system development. Describe system analysis and the major activities that occur during this phase of the systems development life cycle. (5 Marks)
• Describe and compare the six sources of software. How can you decide among various off-the-shelf software options? What criteria should you use? Do you think that in the given case study you can use any off-the-shelf software? Please provide justifications to your answer. (5 Marks)
Task 2: (15 Marks) Systems Requirements
• What are the primary functional requirements for the system in the case study? (10 Marks)
• What are the non-functional requirements for the system in the case study? (5 Marks)
Assessment criteria – Assignment 1 marking guide
Marks for Assignment 1 will be allocated as follows:
TOPIC Weight Mark
Introduction (5 marks) 2.5
Clearly defines the aims of the report
Identifies the project objectives. 2.5
Approach to Systems Development – Task 1 (10 Marks)
• Discuss two approaches to system development. Describe system analysis and the
major activities that occur during this phase of the systems development life cycle. (5 Marks)
• Describe and compare the six sources of software. How can you decide among
various off-the-shelf software options? What criteria should you use? Do you think that in the given case study you can use any off-the-shelf software? Please provide justifications to your answer. (5 Marks) 5
Systems Requirements – Task 2 (15 Marks)
Theories and concept of human development and behavior
• What are the primary functional requirements for the system in the case study? 10
• What are the non-functional requirements for the system in the case study?
Project Cost Benefit Analysis – Task 3 (15 Marks)
• Discuss your Project Cost Benefit Analysis
• Provide an excel spread sheet with details in a Project Cost Benefit 7.5
Project Schedule – Task 4 (20 Marks)
• Provide the project work breakdown structure & schedule – Gantt Chart
• Explain whether, given the system goals, requirements, and scope as they are currently understood, is the project schedule reasonable? Why or why not? 10
System Information Requirement Investigation Techniques – Task 5 (25 Marks)
• Who are the stakeholders involved? 5
• Describe three traditional techniques for collecting information during analysis. When might one be better than another? (10 Marks) 10
• Justify the usefulness of these 3 investigation techniques.
Reflections and Conclusions (5 marks)
• Present your reflections about this project (e.g. achievement and constraints). 2.5
• Briefly summarize your findings.
Advanced Financial Accounting Assignment help You are required to finish each of these questions, total 40 marks. Please give the solutions in […] read more
Corporate Communication and public relations Assignment ASSESSMENT 1 – REPORT THE TASK You have been appointed as a consultant to report directly […] read more
MAN508 Organisational Strategy and Leadership Buy Assignment Help for this assignment at 100 AUD at email@example.com Assessment Item 1 Description/Focus: The purpose of […] read more
International Human resource management assignment Help Identify and discuss the human resource management issues that a HR Manager in Melbourne would have […] read more
EPM 5500 FUNDAMENTALS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT BRIEF ~ SEM 1, 2017 Charting a course for the future of a city […] read more
UNIT 51:International Marketing Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diplomain Business (QCF) International Marketing Hilfiger Fashion Scenario One: Business report The early success […] read more
FNSACC507 – Provide management accounting information Assignment Title- FNSACC507 – Provide management accounting information Summary Plagiarism is not accepted in Australian education system […] read more
Assignment 1:Recommending an Overseas Market – Additional Information There are two assignments in this unit. Assignment 1 is worth 40% of the […] read more
Title: Enabling Service Users in the UK to promote good health ASSIGNMENT Introduction and background notes (vocational context) As a social worker […] read more
Unit 39:Computer Games Design and Development Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (QCF) Purpose of this assignment […] read more
Module Code: LD6011 Module Title: Finance in an SME context Distributed on: Hand in Date: Order Now for this assignment […] read more
Higher National Diploma in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Unit Title: – Employabilty skills Assignment Title: – Assignment 1 LO1: Be able to determine own […] read more