COIT20248 Information Systems Analysis and Design Assignment 1 – About Systems Development
Due date: Thursday 25-Aug-2016 08:00 PM AEST
Length: 1500 words (+/- 10%) 1
This assessment relates to course learning outcomes 1, 2, 3 and 4 stated in the e-course profile.
Assessment 1 is an individual assessment. In assessment 1, you are assigned tasks which assess your course knowledge gained between weeks 1 and 5 about different facets of systems development. All students will have to write a report showing the answers to the questions in tasks 1-5 below.
Please note that ALL submitted A2-reports are passed through a computerized copy detection system and it is extremely easy for teaching staff to identify copied or otherwise plagiarised work.
• Copying (plagiarism) can incur penalties ranging from deduction of marks to failing the course or even exclusion from the University.
• Please ensure you are familiar with the Academic Misconduct Procedures, available from: http://policy.cqu.edu.au/Policy/policy_file.do?policyid=1244
For the purpose of this assignment, you are assumed to be one of the consultants appointed to shoulder the system analysis responsibilities in, Logistics Information Systems (LIS) in the project outlined in the case study.
You will plan and manage the project as well as investigate and document its system requirements. For your Assignment 1 submission, you will produce a report that discusses this project based on your understanding of it and the related investigation results through the tasks below.
Task 1: (10 marks)
Approaches to Systems Development
• Discuss two approaches to system development. Describe system analysis and the major activities that occur during this phase of the systems development life cycle. (5 Marks)
• Describe and compare the six sources of software. How can you decide among various off-the-shelf software options? What criteria should you use? Do you think that in the given case study you can use any off-the-shelf software? Please provide justifications to your answer. (5 Marks)
Task 2: (15 Marks) Systems Requirements
• What are the primary functional requirements for the system in the case study? (10 Marks)
• What are the non-functional requirements for the system in the case study? (5 Marks)
Assessment criteria – Assignment 1 marking guide
Marks for Assignment 1 will be allocated as follows:
TOPIC Weight Mark
Introduction (5 marks) 2.5
Clearly defines the aims of the report
Identifies the project objectives. 2.5
Approach to Systems Development – Task 1 (10 Marks)
• Discuss two approaches to system development. Describe system analysis and the
major activities that occur during this phase of the systems development life cycle. (5 Marks)
• Describe and compare the six sources of software. How can you decide among
various off-the-shelf software options? What criteria should you use? Do you think that in the given case study you can use any off-the-shelf software? Please provide justifications to your answer. (5 Marks) 5
Systems Requirements – Task 2 (15 Marks)
Theories and concept of human development and behavior
• What are the primary functional requirements for the system in the case study? 10
• What are the non-functional requirements for the system in the case study?
Project Cost Benefit Analysis – Task 3 (15 Marks)
• Discuss your Project Cost Benefit Analysis
• Provide an excel spread sheet with details in a Project Cost Benefit 7.5
Project Schedule – Task 4 (20 Marks)
• Provide the project work breakdown structure & schedule – Gantt Chart
• Explain whether, given the system goals, requirements, and scope as they are currently understood, is the project schedule reasonable? Why or why not? 10
System Information Requirement Investigation Techniques – Task 5 (25 Marks)
• Who are the stakeholders involved? 5
• Describe three traditional techniques for collecting information during analysis. When might one be better than another? (10 Marks) 10
• Justify the usefulness of these 3 investigation techniques.
Reflections and Conclusions (5 marks)
• Present your reflections about this project (e.g. achievement and constraints). 2.5
• Briefly summarize your findings.
LAWS20058 BUSINESS LAW LAWS20058 BUSINESS LAW WRITTEN ASSESSMENT TERM 3, 2016 – 40% MAXIMUM 4000 WORDS DUE DATE 19 JANUARY 2017 THURSDAY […] read more
HI6028 Taxation Practice & Law HI6028 Taxation, Theory, Practice & Law T3 2016 GROUP ASSIGNMENT Maximum marks: 20 (20%) Instructions: This assignment […] read more
Accounting business research Subject – Accounting business research proposal Words- 6000 (excluding bibliography and appendix) Harvard reference style NOTE- The topic should […] read more
IT RISK MANAGEMENT IT RISK MANAGEMENT Task The final assessment for ITC 596 is to deliver an IT Risk Assessment Case Study […] read more
The Skilled Migration Internship Assessment BUSINESS WRITING SMIPA – The Skilled Migration Internship Program PARTICIPANT FIRST NAME PARTICIPANT SURNAME PARTICIPANT ID NUMBER […] read more
FIN700 – Financial Management KOI Trimester 3, 2016 FIN700 – Financial Management ASSIGNMENT– GROUP Due date: Submit to your Tutor by the […] read more
STAT1060: Business Decision STAT1060: Business Decision Making Assignment 2 This assignment must be submitted online (via link on course schedule, see ‘Course […] read more
MGT8039 Assessment Help MGT8039 Assessment File Assessment schedule Marks out of Wtg(%) Due date Case Study 2 (2000 words) 100 40% Sunday, […] read more
ASSIGNMENT HELP FOR INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING Assessment Type: Case study – 2000 + 10% word report and analysis Topic: Management Accounting Problem. […] read more
CIS8011-Revenue Assignment CIS8011 – assessment item Case Based Learning Activity 2 Due date: (See the course website) Value: 5% Description: Essay Assessment […] read more
Original Work Assignment Help Assignment 3 FINAL WEBSITE & REPORT (essay format) Description Marks out of Wtg(%) Due date ASSIGNMENT 3 100.00 […] read more
ACC 304 Tax Practice Assignment Assessment Information Subject Code: ACC 304 Subject Name: Taxation Law Assessment Title: Tax Practice Assignment Weighting: 20% […] read more