HI6006 Competitive strategy Assignment 2
Bottom of Form
For your Assignment 2 (Group) – Extract from Subject Outline
Word limit: 2,000 words (±10%)
Due Date: 5 pm Friday, Week 11
(Soft copy to be uploaded on BB)
Use the Theory relating to Adaptation, Aggregation and Arbitrage to explain how companies from the following industries have used this theory for the pursuit of their businesses:
- Computer industry (hardware or software)
- ICT industry (Information Communications Technology)
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food / Beverage industry
- Steel Industry
- Manufacturing of heavy equipment
Students should choose 2 industries from the list above and 2 companies in each industry (4 companies in total).
This is a group assignment. Every member of the group is expected to be able to discuss all areas of the report. You should meet many times and discuss the issues identified in the report.
- Body: a paragraph heading for each of Adaptation, Aggregation and Arbitrage containing discussion of ideas using your research outcomes of the 4 companies studied. OR you can focus on the industry-level analysis using the 4 companies researched. How has each industry been pursuing some or all the elements of the ‘AAA’ framework? Use the table below as a guide.
|Industry 1 (Companies A, B)||Industry 2 (Companies C, D)|
You do not need to define the concepts. Descriptive material has negligible value and should be avoided. We are seeking analysis, discussion and recommendation, enriched by ideas found in journal articles.
In business you will be expected to produce short well-argued reports. This is where you demonstrate that skill.
All ideas in the report must be referenced using Harvard Referencing (in-text citations and full references at the back).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Model ‘AAA’
- Capacity to apply this model to the companies/industries of your choice ( /5)
- The quality of the discussion and evaluation of the issues identified ( /3)
- The analysis and integration of ideas from journal articles and research materials ( /3)
- The correct use of Harvard Referencing throughout the report (the source of all ideas must be identified) ( /1)