|Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business||Y/505/8182|
|Unit Number and Title||Unit Level|
|Unit 7: Business Strategy||5|
|Jovana Perzic||Sean Barrett|
|Date Issued||Formative Feedback Deadline||Final Deadline (Summative)|
|29/09/2014||Dates to be provides by tutor||07/12/2014
- AUTHENTICITY AND AUTHENTICATION:Edexcel regulations state: “Students MUST authenticate the evidence that they provide for assessment.”
Therefore, it is mandatory thata cover sheet (template can be found on ABI Learn) clearly stating name, surname and student number, together with the statement of authenticity is attached in the front of your assignment.
If you do not submit this cover page with your assignment (including statement), your assignment will not be marked.
- ASSESSMENT AND GRADING: Formal opportunity to provide final formative assessment feedback will be given by ABI College where students will have the opportunity to provide evidence towards all the assessment criteria targeted.Formative Assessment involves both the Assessor and the student in a conversation about their progress and takes place prior to summative assessment. The main function of formative assessment is to provide feedback to enable student to make improvements to consolidate a Pass, or attain a higher grade.
Summative Assessment is a final assessment decision on an assignment tasks in relation to the assessment criteria of each unit. It is the definitive assessment and recording of the student’s achievement.
- MARKING SPELLING, PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMAR: Mistakes in spelling and grammar should not influence assessment decisions unless:
- The mistakes are so problematic that they undermine the evidence of student understanding, or
- Specific assessment criteria require good communication, spelling and grammar and/or correct use of technical language.
If student work has consistently poor spelling, grammar or languageit will not be accepted for marking and it will be marked as referred.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION can be found in Student Handbook and Programme Handbook for your HND course available on ABI Learn.
In answering the questions students are expected to use wide range of academic literature and authoritative practitioner sources.
It is important that the work you produce is carefully planned & written.
Your work should demonstrate:
- Your understanding of the theory you have learned (underpinning knowledge) and
- Your ability to apply it to real life/contemporary situations/case study (applied knowledge).
When writing your assignment, please follow the instructions below:
|General Guidelines:||Tick Box|
|1||All work should be word-processed.|
|2||Clear Table of Contents should be presented at the beginning of the assignment.|
|3||Highlight each question clearly – identifying task numbers as stated in the assignment brief. Learning Outcome criteria can also be included but must be enclosed in brackets e.g. (LO 1.1)|
|4||Use standard font, for example Times New Roman or Arial;
Size: 12; Line and Paragraph Spacing: 1.5
|5||Insert Page Numbering (bottom right hand corner)|
|6||Please check that your document is set up to British English rather than American English.
British English should be used for writing your assignments.
|7||If the assignment is required to be in an essay format avoid bullet points and restrict the use of numberings.|
|8||All work should be comprehensively referenced and all sources MUST be acknowledged fully, this includes books & journals used as well websites visited. Details such as page numbers, publishers and publication year should also be stated, in addition to the name of the author(s) and publication. Books, articles and journals should be the main sources;|
|9||Follow Harvard Referencing system.|
|10||Reference list to be included at the end of the assignment.|
|11||Before submitting, spell check the document and read thoroughly for grammatical errors.|
|12||It is advised to write between 4,000 – 4,500 words for the assignment on this study level. 5,000 words could be written if Merit or Distinction is attempted for.|
Note: These guideline may be superseded by additional guidelines stated in the specific assignment requirements.
To answer the following tasks, students must choose an appropriate organisation and provide brief introduction to it. Students are encouraged to try to select an organisation that they are familiar with as this will ensure that full opportunity is provided for students to demonstrate their ability to apply the theories and concepts studied to a real business scenario / situation. If you are unable to select an appropriate organisation for this assignment you should contact your module tutor at the earliest opportunity to access alternative case study organisation for use in this assignment instead.
|Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the process of strategic planning|
Task 1 – Strategic Planning Process
(1.1; 1.2; 1.3)
- Assess how business mission, vision, objectives, goals and core competencies inform strategic planning of your chosen organisation. (LO 1.1, M2)
- Analyse the factors that have to be considered when formulating strategic plans for your chosen organisation. (LO 1.2)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of techniques used when developing strategic business plans of your chosen organisation. (LO 1.3)
|Learning Outcome 2 – Be able to formulate a new strategy|
Task 2 – Formulating a new strategy
(2.1; 2.2; 2.3; 2.4)
- Analyse the strategic positioning of your chosen organisation by carrying out SWOT analysis and Value-Chain Analysis of your chosen organisation. (LO 2.1, M3)
- Carry out PESTLE analysis and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for your chosen organisation. (LO 2.2, M1)
- Assess the significance of your chosen company’s stakeholder analysis when formulating new strategy. (LO 2.3)
- Present a new strategy for your chosen organisation. (LO 2.4, D3)
|Learning Outcome 3 – Understand approaches to strategy evaluation|
Task 3 – Strategy Evaluation
- Analyse the appropriateness of alternative strategies relating to market entry, substantive growth, limited growth or retrenchment for your chosen organisation. (LO 3.1)
- Justify the selection of a strategy chosen for your chosen organisation. (LO 3.2, D1)
|Learning Outcome 4 – Understand how to implement a chosen strategy|
Task 4 – Implementing strategy
(4.1; 4.2; 4.3)
- Assess the roles and responsibilities of personnel who are charged with strategy implementation in your chosen organisation. (LO 4.1)
- Analyse the estimated resource requirements for implementing a new strategy for your chosen organisation. (LO 4.2)
- Evaluate the contribution of SMART targets to the achievement of strategy implementation in your chosen organisation. (LO 4.3)
Each unit will be graded as a Pass, Merit or Distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and Distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
The Learning outcomes and the assessment criteria used to assess are shown below: A pass grade is achieved by meeting all the required defined in the assessment criteria for a pass for each unit.
|In addition to the above PASS criteria, this assignment gives you the opportunity to submit evidence in order to achieve the following MERIT and DISTINCTION grades|
|Grade Descriptor||Indicative Characteristic/s||Contextualisation|
|M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions||Complex problems with more than one variable have been explored||To achieve M1, you will have explored complex problems with more than one variable when carrying out an environmental audit for your chosen organisation. (Task 2.2)|
|M2 Select / design and apply appropriate methods / techniques||A range of sources of information has been used||To achieve M2, you will have clearly used a range of sources of information when assessing how business mission, vision, objectives, goals and core competencies inform strategic planning of your chosen organisation. (Task 1.1)|
|M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings||The appropriate structure and approach has been used||To achieve M3, you will have used appropriate structure and approach when carrying out SWOT and Value-Chain analyses. (Task 2.1)|
|D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions||Self-criticism of approach has taken place||To achieve D1, you will have clearly demonstrated self-criticism of the selection of a strategy for your chosen organisation when justifying it. (Task 3.2)|
|D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities||Activities have been managed||To achieve D2, you will have demonstrated the ability to take responsibility for managing and organising activities by ensuring that deadline for this assignment have been met.|
|D3 Demonstrate convergent / lateral / creative thinking||Innovation and creative thought have been applied||To achieve D3, you will have clearly demonstrated innovative ideas and creative thoughts when presenting a new strategy for your chosen organisation. (Task 2.4)|
#HND Assignment help is pioneer in the #Assignment help services and we offer coursework help with 100% unique content, quality content by adopting required theories & concepts. Our experts have PhD in various fields so that the students can get their assignment with quality work for attain A++ grades in their work. We are having 7 years of experience for offering assignment help for #marketing assignment help, management assignment help, economics assignment help, Assignment help for economics, finance assignment help, Accounting assignment help, operation assignment help and others. For assignment help you can contact us at email@example.com
HND Assignment help is leading and most trusted assignment help service providing range of services for the different subjects but the major area of focus for the organization is HND Assignments. HND in the higher national diploma being offered by the various universities across the world and highest number of students pursue their HND from United Kingdom. HND Assignment help is working with the students in UK since last 7 years for helping them in their HND assignments. We provide help for various HND subjects like HND in business management, HND in travel & tourism management, HND in hospitality management, HND in accounting management, HND in human resource management, HND in law and HND in health and social care etc. Our experts have long experience in writing HND Assignments and they themselves are HND holder from the top notch Universities in United Kingdom. So, we are the best place to get your HND assignments. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HND in business management offered by the HND Assignment Help offers high quality work for the mandatory as well as optional units such as the work based experience (WBE), employability skills, business ethics, European Business, operation management in business, small business enterprise, Quality management in business, internet marketing, human resource development, managing human resource, human resource management, advertising and promotion in business, Managing communication, knowledge and information (MCKI), Managing business activities to achieve results (MBAAR), Working with and leading people (WWLP), Personal and professional development (PPD), Research project (RP), Business strategy, Business decision making, marketing principle, Organization and behavior, Managing financial resources and decisions (MFRD) and Business environment.
HND Assignment help offered for the Health and social care would include 100% unique content and high quality content based on the given specific case study for the healthcare context. Every unit of the health and social care would consider specific case scenario which would be answered keeping in mind the HND requirements. HND in health and social care help offered by HND assignment help would include help on various mandatory and optional units such as PPD in health and social care, Health & safety in HSC, Communication in HSC, Understanding specific needs in HSC, The role of public health in HSC, Empowering users in HSC and Research project in HSC etc. So contact us at www.hndassignmenthelp.com, www.hndassignmenthelp.co.uk and www.hndassignmenthelp.com.au.
List of latest assignments offered by HND Assignment Help are as under:
- Unit 13 Personal and Professional development
- Unit 10 strategic human resource management
- ECO511 Economics for business CSU Assignment help
- ITECH2106-6106 Webpage and multimedia design
- Unit 1 Business environment
- Assignment on operation management help
- Unit 20 Sales planning and operations
- Unit 18 Advertising and promotion in business
- Project and people assessment 3 Harvard case study
- HI5004 Marketing management
- Unit 11 Strategic quality and system management assignment help
- HI6025 Assignment T3 Accounting Assignment Help
- Communication in health and social care organization
- Economics Assignment help Online
- Marketing Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- HND hospitality management assignment help
- Unit 13 Hospitality Assignment help
- Assignment help for Hospitality management
- Hospitality management Assignment Help
- HND in business management
- Unit 48 project design implementation and evaluation
- Unit 46 Corporate environment and social management