3. Assessment task 3
Supporting Healthy Families
In this assignment the student is required to:
· demonstrate how they have improved their academic writing skills (organisation, language, style and presentation) by providing a 200 word reflection on the assessment 1 feedback provided by their marker and how this learning has been applied to this assessment. ?
· analyse the following prescribed case study and demonstrate how the Registered Nurse would provide person and family-centred support for this family. ?Case Study ?You are a Registered Nurse working at the Early Childhood Clinic with a view to commencing the Child and Family Health Nurse educational pathway. It is your 6th week and you are growing in confidence every day. This morning, the Clinical Nurse Consultant suggests you take charge of the next case and report back to her. ?Emma’s Story: A 34-year-old woman Emma presents with her four-year-old daughter Lucy, for examination. Emma is six months pregnant with her third child and has a partner Michael, who is often away on contract work. Emma’s family live interstate and she has been in the area for only 6 weeks. Michael’s retired parents live locally, are supportive and Emma has a good relationship with them. Emma is worried about Lucy because she is a ‘fussy eater’ and would like you to weigh her. She also asks you what immunisations Lucy will need in preparation for going to school. ?On examination Lucy’s height is 105cm and her weight is 15.5kgs. A head-to-toe physical assessment finds no abnormalities. ?Emma then tells you about her 14 year old son Josh, who is about start Year 9. She discloses that she is anxious about him fitting in at the new school. Josh misses his close friends as well as his father Michael, who is currently working in WA. Michael isn’t due back for three months but is hoping to eventually find work locally. ?Emma looks tired and during your interactions with her she becomes teary and talks about her fears. With the new baby coming, she is worried about how she will cope with Lucy, who can be very energetic, oppositional and hard to control. ?Assessment: Discuss the above case study and demonstrate support for healthy families from the perspective of the role of the Registered Nurse. ?The discussion must be supported with evidence from the literature and must include: ?
· Consideration of Lucy and Josh’s physical, cognitive and psychosocial development ?
· A description of the developmental milestones you would expect a 4yr old girl and a 14 yr old boy to have achieved. ?
· A family assessment including consideration of the factors influencing Emma and her family. ?
· Identified potential problems for Emma and her family ?
· Description of the required family-centred nursing care including ?communication/interviewing strategies that will assist with relationship building ?with Emma and her family. ?
· Meetings and referrals you would arrange with the multidisciplinary team and ?other appropriate health care professionals/agencies ?Instructions: Use academic writing that is consistent with essay format – You may use headings. ?
Assessment Due Date
Thursday,1st June (23:55), Week 13
Return Date to Students
Following release of results to students (Autumn 2017 date for release of results is Thursday 6th July)
Your assignment will be evaluated on the following assessment criteria: Content – 80%?Organisation – 4%?Language – 4%
Style – 4% Presentation – 8%
Author – Date (Harvard)?A summary of the Harvard system.
Online via Turnitin as per instructions on NMIH203 Moodle elearning site
Subject Learning Outcomes Assessed
1. Analyse the concept of well women, well men and well children using an activities of living framework.
6. Evaluate community and hospital resources and strategies for promoting healthy families in urban, rural and remote settings.
Assessment 3: Marking Guide?
Key Content areas to include: Concepts are adequately described, related to Family Centred Nursing principles and practice and supported by evidence from the relevant literature. Information is correct. Demonstrates knowledge of the topic. Information is comprehensive and balanced.
· Reflection on previous assessment academic writing feedback
o Provides a 200 word reflection on the assessment 1 feedback provided by their marker
o Demonstrates how they have improved their academic writing skills (organisation, language, style and presentation) by describing how this learning has been applied to this assessment.
· The key issues of the case study are fully explored and linked to assessment of care needs, identification of potential problems, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care:
o A family assessment including consideration of the factors influencing Emma and her family.
o Identified potential problems for Emma and her family
· Knowledge & understanding of family-centred nursing principles and practice are demonstrated and are related to the key issues of the case study:
o Description (not a template) of the required family-centred nursing care plan including communication/interviewing strategies that will assist with relationship building with Emma and her young family as well as consideration of Emma’s unborn child, partner and grandparents.
o Meetings and referrals you would arrange with the multidisciplinary team and other appropriate health care professionals/agencies.
· Knowledge of growth and development are demonstrated and linked back to the key issues of the case study
o Consideration of Lucy’s physical, cognitive and psychosocial developmental milestones
o Consideration of Josh’s physical, cognitive and psychosocial developmental milestones Organisation.
· Assignment logically developed, evidence of linkage and integration of information, uses essay writing convention, adheres to the word limit.
· Appropriate use of language, technical terms explained where necessary, range of vocabulary
· Assignment is easy to read, it catches the reader’s attention and promotes the conveying of information, objective and authentic academic writing style
· Syntax, grammar, punctuation and spelling are correct, legible presentation, referencing as per Assessment eBook available in Nursing Online
This assignment is worth 60% of the total assessment for this subject. Comments
Get Assignment help for this assignment at firstname.lastname@example.org