You have recently been appointed as an intern for the prestigious monthly magazine ‘Global Business News’. You work in the Human Resources Research Section that provides articles on all aspects of HR including what motivates individuals and teams and the links to management strategies in organisations.
As part of your induction to this new role your manager wants you to have a firm understanding of how structure and culture impacts on people in organisations. She also wishes you to understand the approaches to managing the differences between individuals which impact on their performance in the workplace.
She has informed you that a meeting will take place with her for a discussion on the topics below. In preparation for this meeting you have decided to produce a file which addresses each of the topics listed. You will present this file to her at the meeting. The file may be used to provide information to new staff so it is important it is written in an appropriate style.
- An explanation of how organisational structure impacts on people in organisations
- An analysis of how organisational culture impacts on people in organisations
- An explanation on how personal differences impact on individuals’ behaviours at work
- An analysis of the management styles needed to deal with differences in behaviours
Assessment criteria, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2
Following a successful meeting and on completion of your induction your manager has been very impressed with your work so far.
She has asked you to submit a draft article for a special edition of the magazine which is focusing on leadership and HR. The purpose of this article is to help readers understand the organisational factors that impact on people performance. Your article should include case studies of business leaders and organisations and cover the following points:
- an analysis of the effect of leadership styles on individuals and teams.
- an explanation of the benefits of flexible working practices to individuals and organisations.
- an assessment of how the working environment impacts on people performance; motivational theories should be referenced.
- an assessment of how an organisation’s ethical practices impact on motivational levels.
- an evaluation of how organisations use their corporate social responsibility agenda to motivate employees.
Assessment criteria 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5
Having been in your post for 5 months and recently completed the induction process, the staff induction team has asked you to make a contribution to their programme. They have asked you to provide a presentation for new colleagues, on the different methods for developing human resources. Your presentation should cover the topics below and you should also prepare detailed hand outs, which the team can use.
- An explanation of how motivational theories can be applied to developing people in organisations
- An explanation of the different uses of coaching and mentoring in organisations
- An analysis of the benefits of training and development to individuals and organisations
Assessment criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
Your manager has encouraged you to do some work on other aspects of people management in preparation for a series of planned articles. You should prepare detailed notes on the following:
- a review of people management strategies used in an organisation
- an assessment of the impact on people of management strategies used in organisations
- recommendations for strategies to promote high levels of performance.
Assessment criteria 5.1, 5.2, 5
Guidelines for assessors
There is no suggested word count for this unit. The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. The suggested evidence below is how learners can demonstrate that they have met the required standard.
Get Assignment help with email@example.com